As a woman, our vaginas go through so much: periods, birthing a child, irritation, discharge, and then yeast infections, odors, and BV.
I’m not too keen on putting chemicals in or even near my vagina. I suffer from BV and it’s not just sexually transmitted. It can come from sweating profusely (according to my OBGYN).
So after some trial and error, I’ve concocted a list of remedies that are tried and true.
1. Sleep without underwear. Hell, sleep naked. Let your body, mainly your vagina, breathe. You’ve been wearing underwear and clothes all day, let everything air out at night.
2. Go commando. If you are one of those lucky ladies who doesn’t have discharge (I envy you and you are abnormal) don’t wear underwear at all.
3. Stop washing with soap. Like most modern ovens, your vagina is self cleaning. It cleanses once a month (your period). I’ve found that just washing with warm water does wonders.
4. Tea tree suppositories. Now I’ve been using these for years, and I typically use them in between my periods. They are safe, chemical free, and proven to cure all three ailments.
5. Probiotics. I take probiotics daily, and I’ve found that not only does my gut feel better, so does my vagina.
6. Boric acid suppositories. I’ve personally never used these, but I know many women who have and swear by them.
7. Coconut oil, tea tree oil and lavender oil rubbed internally and externally. If you didn’t know, coconut oil is an anti fungal, and tea tree oil is an antiseptic. So together, they are a powerhouse. Lavender oil is just to help with the overpowering aroma of the tea tree oil.
8. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. These foods are great for cleaning our systems.
9. Drink lots of water. Water naturally detoxes our bodies and it also keeps the vagina lubricated.
10. Cutout dairy. Dairy is a mucus causing substance. It creates yeast in the vagina, despite doctors saying to eat yogurt. If you want to eat yogurt, try Good Karma. It’s nondairy and contains probiotics.
What are some remedies that you have tried and worked?