As today is boo’s due date (yet he has not arrived), I think about what I will miss and not miss about being pregnant. Don’t worry, this will be a short post (maybe).
What I Will Miss
1. The special treatmeant that women get for being pregnant by family, friends, and strangers.
2. Parking in the “expecting mother’s” parking spot (though I can park in the “customer with small children” spot)
3. Feeling boo kick. I think that is the best part of being pregnant. Laying in bed and feeling him kick and move around with my hand.
What I Won’t Miss
1. People touching my belly without asking.
2. Constantly being asked if I’ve had the baby.
4. Being asked everyday by the same people when my due date is.
5. People telling me I’m getting bigger as if I don’t stand and look in the mirror everyday, or look down and can’t see my feet, or am not able to bend down to pick something up off the floor.
6. The constant, constant, constant, never ending trips to the bathroom.
7. Not being able to sleep on my stomach or back.
8. Eating every 30 min (maybe I’m exaggerating, more like every hour or two).
9. Snacking in the middle of the night due to severe hunger pains and kicks from boo.
10. Not being able to do intense exercises like HIIT or kickboxing, like I used to (how I truly miss kickboxing).
11. Being asked am I ready for my baby to be here. I mean I don’t have a choice now do I?
12. Being asked every single day by the same people if I have everything ready at my home. If not, then clearly I’m not on my shit.
13. Being asked by the same people is this my first child.
14. Basically being asked by the same damn people, the same damn questions, every damn day.
15. The way my body smells. Being pregnant has a whole different kind of sweaty, stinky smell.
16. The discharge.
17. The anxious waiting of boo’s arrival.
18. Being told what I can and can’t do, or what I should and shouldn’t do.
19. Being pressed about my diet (though I know I’ll be pressed about boo being vegan).
20. The horrid first trimester. It was just awful.
21. The unwarranted horror birth stories of others.
22. Being asked am I sure I want to give birth without drugs and in the water, and how that’s a brave thing to do. Being pregnant is a brave thing to do with all we have to endure. Getting pregnant was natural so why wouldn’t I have the baby natural?
What are some things that you miss or don’t miss about being pregnant?