DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A FINANCIAL COACH OR ADVISOR.
I have been told that I work like a Jamaican (yes, Jazzie, I’m talking about you, lol). I have several different forms of revenue, and so should you. It’s important to not rely on one form of income when you are trying to pay off debts or for whatever you’re trying to do.
I’m going to list the different forms of revenue I have now and then those I want to obtain.
1. Teaching – I am a substitute teacher, which is my main form of income. I have been doing that a little over a year now and that pays all of my bills.
2. Tutor – I’ve been tutoring almost two years and that pays for things I’m trying to pay off and it acts as side money.
3. Author – I have been a self-published author for four years now and I don’t make much but it’s something.
4. Freelancer – I am on Upwork and I do a lot of editing freelance work.
Revenue I am working towards:
1. YouTube – I would like to make a little money off of YouTube. I don’t make videos so I can make money. A lot of research and effort goes into my videos. It’s my passion to educate people. It would just be nice to get paid for my passion. Everyone wants to get paid from doing something they love.
2. Author – though this was in the above list, I would like to be a bestselling author in order to not only make money, but to reach more people and educate them about being vegan.
3. Blogger – I went to school for journalism to be a journalist, but blogging is what came of it and I wouldn’t trade blogging for myself about what I want to write for someone that will control what I write.
4. Business owner – I do have a shop on Etsy but it is closed at the moment until I can bring in enough revenue to open it back up. I make oils, shampoo and all sorts of bath and body stuff.
It is always good to have side hustles when you are trying to achieve a goal. Right now, I’m working on paying off debts so I can free up money to invest in myself and do things that I want. This is why I work so many jobs.
Afro Hippie Vegan